Industrial engineering consulting is an essential service for any business—it can not only help you improve your efficiency and quality of products/services, but also help you develop the required infrastructure needed for manufacturing processes. In layman’s terms: an industrial engineering consultant can help you take your business to the next level.
How Can an Industrial Engineering Help You?
The engineering industry is quite complex and requires multi-faceted operational solutions to help businesses reach their goals. An Industrial Engineering consultant can help organizations to troubleshoot the issue and arrive at a productive long-term solution to improve the bottom line of the businesses.
Industrial Engineering Services
Time and Motion Study Services
Time and motion study is the evaluation and thorough analysis of performance, time management, and efficiency for a task. It is adopted by all industries as a means to improve the overall performance by dividing all tasks among the workers in a rational amount to yield better results.
Applications of time & motion study
- Optimization of the process & methods
- Improvising the layout and resources
- Reduction of unnecessary tasks
Facility Layout & Material Flow Analysis
- Facility layout and design is an important component of a business’s overall operations, both in terms of maximizing the effectiveness of the production process and meeting the needs of employees.
- The basic objective of layout is to ensure a smooth flow of work, material, and information through a system. The basic meaning of facility is the space in which a business’s activities take place. The layout and design of that space impact greatly how the work is done—the flow of work, materials, and information through the system.
- The key to good facility layout and design is the integration of the needs of people (personnel and customers), materials (raw, finishes, and in process), and machinery in such a way that they create a single, well-functioning system.
- Ergonomics have a huge influence over employees’ working behaviour, health and wellbeing. When businesses make decisions with these human factors in mind, it ensures that they are meeting the needs of all their workers and keeping people safe and free of risk.
- Designing workspaces and workstations means considering ergonomic principles while taking into account issues around cost, efficiency and the effectiveness of technology
Work Distribution and Line Balancing
- The objective this is to divide the entire work process into several sub-stations & distribute work load optimally across workstations to attain best efficiency
- Cost Reduction
- Helpful in the reduction of the product and inventory cost.
- Sequential flow
- It directs the process towards sequential and smooth material flow by following a series of operations at a unified rate.
- Reducing Ideal Time
- Enables production houses to reduce their Ideal Time from the overall process.
- Utilization of Resources
- It assures the optimum use of the equipment and the workforce.
- Line balancing reduces the chances of conjunction in the assembly line.
- Less Processing Time
- It reduces the total processing time of the production process.
- Less Wastage
- Balancing the line helps in reducing cost
- Process optimisation is the practice of enhancing organisational efficiency through process improvement. It is done to accomplish business goals
Three fundamental organisational places where optimisation can be achieved
- Operating procedures – Procedures and processes vary based on the people working, the day, and more. One of the best ways to optimise operating procedures is to use automation
- Control optimisation – Many control loops manage one aspect of a process within a company. If each control loop is not at its optimal setting, then it negatively impacts the entire chain of events. The process of optimising controls can significantly lower overall costs and maximise output.
- Equipment optimisation – This helps verify that existing tools are being used optimally. This also includes technological tools and ensuring data is accurate and useful. Here, businesses may discover bottlenecks to be fixed.